Sunday, October 05, 2008

Waiting for the new MacBook?


A lot of talks and a lot of rumors about the new MacBook and MacBook Pro has been posted online in the pass weeks. Many of my friends has been asking about when the new Mac will arrive. It is not easy to pick a day as the Apple Inc. doesn't talk about unannounced product. Anyway, my guess will it should happen any day within Oct. but If I have to pick a day my guess will be Oct 14th as many source has point to that day also and Apple has been announcing product on Tuesday a lot in the past years.

I think new MacBook is not going to be a big surprise. More importantly is what product range will the MacBook line become as laptop is now account for 50% of all new PC sales. Surly, the laptop has become the people choose for their new PC, but will Apple move to a UMPC (ultra mobile Personal Computer) like many PC vendor in the past months? I believe Apple iPhone will continue to be Apple answer to the mobile computing for the near terms. A UMPC Mac is unlikely, but a updated version of the MacBook Air is for sure.

I think more importantly is will Apple lower it's entry level laptop price to continue to attract more non Mac buyer will be interesting to see as the US economy will surely slow in the coming months.

MacBook Touch! Will you want a Macbook in touch format? My guess is unlikely... what's yours?

No comments: